Back To Arizona!?
First, for all those dedicated readers of my blog, I apologize for, well, never writing blog entries. I will hopefully be changing that soon. So, recently, I have decided- at least for now- to take the bar in Arizona. This meaning, I would have to find a law job in Arizona or Nebraska, as the Arizona bar waives into Nebraska. If by December I find a job elsewhere, then this may change. Otherwise, I'm hoping that I will land a job in Arizona. For those of you who don't know, I lived in AZ during high school, up until my mission. Since my family moved from AZ to Utah during my mission, I never really moved back home. Hopefully, I will come home at last.The Root of All Evil.
One of my next crazy endeavors is that I intend to apply for Deal or No Deal. Lately, two acquaintances I know from EFY have appeared as contestants on the show. So, I say, hey, why not? They appear to love former EFY counselors. Right now, for those who want to be supporters on my show (meaning you get to fly to LA and be there cheering me on), I am currently taking bribes as to who to list on my application as supporters. Hopefully, by the end of August I will finish the video I intend to make. I will keep you all posted as to when or if I send in the application and whether I got chosen. So why am I doing this? Money. Of course. And maybe for a little attention.
Who Steals Plants? Honestly.
My job this summer has not always been the most arduous. In fact, there is typically way too much downtime. Also, my co-worker, Tony and myself, we have no office. As a result, we decided to daily reserve the same study room at school. After a while, and as a result of pure boredom, we decided the room needed a plant. So I bought a 3 dollar plant from Wal-mart, named Duke. To our dismay, a week later, Duke was gone. Surprisingly, we found Duke sitting at the front desk in the Creighton Law Library. I thought, you know, after pummeling me with debt, Creighton should have the decency to leave my 3 dollar plant alone. So I stole Duke back. The next day, Duke was uprooted again-- and put in the same place. I decided to forget about it, and let Duke stay there until my internship ends. But I swear, if they neglect watering my plant, there will be blood.
Root for the Tigers.
After an abismal beginning to the year, the Detroit Tigers appear to be back on track. Surprisingly, not so much because of their veterans. Sure the veterans have been playing better, but it was the rookies that sparked the turnaround. Although most have been sent back down to the minors, I would like to thank Clete Thomas, Matt Joyce, and Armando Gallarraga especially for helping the Tigers keep the season alive. This week Gallaraga pitched 6 perfect innings and has been the Tigers most consistent pitcher. Joyce is hitting homers all over the place and Clete has speed and a high batting average. Now the Tigers are in the hunt. And they couldn't have done it without the help of these surprisingly upstart rookies.
3 comments:
YAYAYAY!!!! That's awesome!!! Pleeeease move here! Woohoo!
There has been EFY mania at Deal or No deal! Go for it!
Also, What is the deal with everyone's family moving while they are on their missions? Seems like it happens A LOT!
Oh Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Ryan- you absolutely MUST be on Deal or No Deal! They would LOVE YOU! And, I'll put up a good fight to be one of your people on the show- that show rocks! Just PLEEEAAASSSEE remember to let the fam. know all the details about when & where, K? Oh, Ryan, Truly- I don't see how they could turn you down!?!!!
Post a Comment