Thursday, March 27, 2008

Tidbits

American Idol rigged by Wikipedia?....
So I was reading about American Idol on Wikipedia. It lists all of the former winners and where everyone got voted off. When I scrolled down to Season 7, it showed D. Hernandez, Amanda Overmyer, and Chikizie as being voted off. However, it also showed in the May 21'st box, highlighted in green, the winner of this season's AI. According to Wikipedia, Ramiele would be the next AI. I was going to post the link, but apparently Wikipedia caught it's mistake and has since removed Ramiele as the winner... thank goodness for that.

Clever 12 yr. old applies for West Virginia coaching job.
You'll have to go to the link itself to enjoy this story....

Oh the Madness...
I fulfilled one of my lifelong dreams last week when I attended a few March Madness games in Omaha. And now I understand firsthand why a 16 seed has never beaten a 1 seed. The disparity between Kansas and Portland State was crazy ridiculous. PSU didn't stand a chance.

Tampa Turbulence.
If I could have been anywhere last week to watch the madness, I would not have minded Tampa Bay. Two 12 seeds and two 13 seeds all won in Tampa.. one of the most amazing feats I have ever seen in one city. When Western KY sunk that 3 in overtime, you had a feeling the rest of the day in Tampa would be special. And it was.


No comments: