Monday, February 23, 2009

Hospitals Should Hand out Lollipops

It's been a while since I've written, but that's how writing goes for me.  Right now I'm doing some revisions on my play, so most of my writing time has gone to that. (also, school, work, and health have diminished much of my free time.)

Lately, I've found myself taking numerous tests in hospitals to check on my long-lasting problems with heartburn.  I would find such visits entirely more tolerable if they would just give me a friggin' lollipop when I leave.    Every time I go, I look for the lollipops, and they are never there.  As if going to a hospital isn't already morose, there are no lollipops.  And that is just depressing.  If medicine becomes socialized I have only one request: there better be lollipops.

 

3 comments:

Nagi said...

The answer is quite simple: bring lollipops of your own.

The Hardys said...

We love you RY! Hope all is going well (as well as it can be) with those tests, you go out and buy your self a giant lollipop, you deserve it after all those lame visits to the hospital!! :)

todd and jeanette said...

ryan- just come on over to our house afterwards. we'll give you a lollipop. :)